Senior IT Audit Manager
Salary Attractive packages + BonusFULL_TIME
Consultant Christy Zhang
Date posted 02 November 2018 2018-11-022019-01-01 banking 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong
The objective of this position is to fulfil a Senior Manager I.T. role within a team of professional auditors across the Asia Pacific Region (APAC). The primary accountabilities include assessing the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls relating to business applications, IT general controls, data governance, outsourcing, IT projects and processes supporting the businesses within the Region.
This position will report to the Chief Auditor, Asia Pacific Region – Singapore.
- A significant portion of the accountabilities will relate to providing assurance over the IT applications, ITGCs, data, security, and project management controls throughout the Region. Focus will be placed on assessing controls within the data centre hubs located in Hong Kong and India.
- This includes completing application assessments (Executes engagement planning, problem identification, reporting, and communication) and assists in annual planning and provides high quality, value added recommendations for the Region’s IT framework, processes and systems which are relevant to support both the APAC businesses and support functions.
- The incumbent will provide high quality, value-added advisory and risk and control stewardship services to regional management as part of audits or on special projects / assignments and act as Officer in Charge (OIC) or team member for these audits and ensure Audit department standards are met on all assignments.
- This is a position requiring expert knowledge and skillsets in the audit of application controls, data governance and management principles and projects. The candidate is also expected to be knowledgeable with IT general control principles, audits of IT processes and risks associated with outsourced IT services. Some technical infrastructure (UNIX, Windows, Network, SQL database) skillsets are also required. Knowledge of systems development methodologies (agile, waterfall) and emerging technology and trends such as cloud computing, blockchain and devops will be an asset.
- The incumbent will be required to work as part of a team that audits applications associated with the APAC Region and will work closely with the IT Audit E.O team in Toronto to ensure resourcing and coverage is appropriate given skillset requirements. The incumbent should be proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies and regulatory guidelines to the performance and review of audits. The incumbent is expected to leverage data analytical techniques during the planning and execution of audit engagements.
- An undergraduate degree and ideally an IT Audit / Information Security professional designation (CISA, CISM, CSX, CISSP, etc).
- Strong IT Audit (internal or external) experience, preferably in a financial institution setting, or direct experience in a relevant IT environment. Expert knowledge and skill sets in the audit of applications, data and governance.
- Experience in using Audit Command Language (ACL) software or other programming languages for data analysis and automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to write/present audit findings to Audit and Bank Management
- Good project management, planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task