SENIOR TREASURY ANALYST – VIRTUAL BANKING
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A renowned financial insititution is looking for passionate talents to develop their Virtual Bank. As a Senior Treasury Analyst you would be responsible for manging the funding, liquidity & balance sheet of the virtual bank, to achieve optimal funding mix and ensure sound balance sheet management. You are responsible to ensure full compliance to all statutory requirements on capital & liquidity. Work with the product teams to identify opportunities to improve profitability. Perform regular analysis on liquidity, cash-flows, interest rape gaps and income attributions.
The Role Responsibilities
Funding & Liquidity Management
- Optimise funding mix to minimise overall funding costs for the virtual bank
- Ensure full compliance to all regulatory requirements on capital, reserves & liquidity
- Ensure contingency planning for liquidity crisis.
- Support daily cash management and other banking activities
- Coordinate and settle treasury instruments including Time deposits, Foreign exchange, Bank guarantees
- Support liquidity management, payment processing and intercompany settlements
- Support cash analysis (cash balance reporting, FX transactions)
- Support banking relationship management including bank fee and service analysis, agreements tracking, issue management and escalations
- Prepare and consolidate various treasury reporting such as periodic cash, forecast, FX exposures
- Balance Sheet Management & Analytics
- Collaborate with Risk to operationalise model setup & analysis of balance sheet.
- Optimise balance sheet mix to maximise liquidity & interest rates gaps in generating income for the Bank.
- Analysis of liquidity gaps & interest rates risks on the balance sheet to minimise risks for the Bank.
Regulatory Compliance & controls
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures, and local regulations
- Assist with internal and external audits, maintain records and provide test data as requested
- Contribute to ad hoc projects like Bank RFPs, system implementations and upgrades, basic treasury support in M&A and business activities
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate treasury in multinational company, with a degree in business / finance / economics with good academic record
- In-depth knowledge in cash management and/or FX market in region as a big plus
- Experience with treasury management systems and SWIFT would be appreciated
- Strong sense, knowledge and exposures to local financial regulatory environment in greater china region.
- Demonstrated understanding of how Fintech operates differently from conventional financial organisation.
- Strong business partner who can influence and effectively challenge C-suite stakeholders.
- Energy and desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, problem resolution and communication skills are a prerequisite