Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 06 November 2018 2018-11-062019-01-05 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Review corporate tax returns
- Tax compliance (South East Asia)
- review corporate tax returns
- handle tax authorities’ enquiries and audits
- conduct “health checks” on indirect tax returns
- prepare/review Transfer Pricing documentations
- prepare/review regular tax reporting to Group Tax Department
- Tax advisory (Global Markets/ex- fixed income, Asset & Liability Management and Treasury, Transaction Banking, and Loan Syndication & Sales)
- assess tax risks for new business activities / transactions approvals
- handle ad hoc enquiries from business lines
- review compliance of internal policies for business activities
- monitor changes in tax laws and assess impacts on business lines
- Manage relationships with the tax authorities
- supervise work outsourced to tax consultants
- work closely with internal Transfer Pricing team on transfer pricing issues and liaise with other support functions as required
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
- Candidate must be bright and is likely or near to be qualified as a chartered accountant.
- A confident taxation professional with the credibility to deal with other support functions and front office staff. The incumbent therefore must possess first class interpersonal, relationship management and cross-cultural skills.
- Experience and Qualifications required
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience, the majority of which, preferably, will be in a taxation role with a leading investment bank, or in an international chartered accounting, legal or consultancy firm.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Tax Manager.