Tax Manager, Asia Pacific
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Maggie Wong
Date posted 26 September 2016
This US Listed corporation is widely referred to as “the giant” of the industry; with immense growth potential, it is one of the most iconic corporations to look out for. With year-on-year growth and constant acquisitions of new companies, they are currently recruiting for Tax Manager for Asia Pacific.
About the role:
- Focus on the company’s tax matters, which involves tax accounting, tax research, responding to tax audit inquiries, and collaborating with other tax and finance professionals throughout the company
- Work with members of the company’s Tax and Finance teams, internal business units and various professional service advisors
- Ensure accurate filings for indirect taxes across Asia Pacific region
- Prepare tax working papers that support the company’s quarterly/year-end tax provision process on timely basis
- Prepare certain foreign jurisdictions corporate tax compliance, planning and process improvement initiatives.
- Manage various tax reporting, tax compliance and project related deadlines.
- Understand and assess the impact of local country taxation developments and their impact on the company
- Analysis and preparation of working papers to support the company’s transfer pricing methodologies.
- Provide support, analysis and reporting for taxation audits and special projects.
- Provide support to internal stakeholder groups enabling business decisions that maximise enterprise value
- Implement process improvements to enhance the group’s tax process efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as a liaison with the different countries to ensure that there is timely and thoughtful communication
About the person:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience with a public accounting firm or multi-national company
- 3+ years of experience with Asia Pacific tax matters including experience reviewing and coordinating local returns for multi-national corporations, coordinating tax audits and overseeing various tax activities
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups inside the
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve/research problems both independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Candidates with more experience can be considered as the Senior Tax Manager