Internal Control Manager
Salary HKD50,000 - HKD65,000 per month + double pay
Location Sheung WanFULL_TIME
Consultant Timothy Cheng
Date posted 13 July 2022hong-kong accountancy-finance/internal-auditor 2022-07-13 2022-09-11 accountancy Sheung Wan Central and Western District HK HKD 50000 65000 65000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk https://www.robertwalters.com.hk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading shipping/transportation company is currently locating an Internal Control expert to join their fast growing team!
Job Description: The work of this role is as a professional business goalkeeper. You are expected to ensure the integrity and ethical values are being maintained and observed in the overall control environment in the company, identify and analyze the risks, propose and set up various checkpoints/framework, perform control activities on company policies and procedures, and guarantee they are sustainable with business continuity and development. Also, you are responsible to ensure the quality, effectiveness, and accuracy of the information system and ongoing monitoring of the company’s control environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Partner with Risk Management team to work with all departments in identifying potential risk areas in departmental daily works, understanding and assessing the magnitude of the impact of such risk areas and the likelihood of occurrence; then advise and work with departments in building up relevant policies, guidelines, controls and workflow in managing those identified risks accordingly.
• Plan, manage, and execute operational internal control compliance reviews and exercises across departments with reference to (i) current company and Group policies; and (ii) laws and regulations of the country operating in (for example OFAC).
• Review and ensure current operational policies and procedures are adaptive to company business development.
• Assess the suitability of these policies, processes, and procedures and review internal control design and effectiveness to match with current operations (for example OA form and workflow design).
• Liaise with all departments on new policies from Group and ensure timely adoption into Florens own policies (if such policies are appropriate to Florens) and publication in the OA System
• Perform risk assessments and identify potential risk areas during internal control walkthrough reviews.
• Provide recommendations, action plans, and risk-mitigating measures to management and other departments after internal control review and assessment.
• Follow up, track and close out all identified internal control findings (company and Group level) in accordance with the time schedule provided.
• Liaise with other departments and provide operational training to the internal control team.
• Lead internal control team in executing internal control compliance reviews.
• Liaise with and carry out regular control reviews with IT Department to ensure the information system is running smoothly and abnormal situations are dealt with immediately.
• Assist and work with Group internal auditors and external auditors on audit assignments.
• Carry out investigations, special projects, and any ad hoc assignments if required by the company and department.
• Supervise the internal control team in carrying out the assigned jobs and assess their progress.
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in any business or related disciplines (Laws/ Accounting/ Finance is preferable).
• A qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or holder of Financial Risk Management (FRM) from any recognized international associations is highly preferred.
• At least 7 years' audit and/ or internal control working experience, with at least 2 years’ commercial and supervisory work experience (served in shipping or container leasing industries is a plus).
• A certain degree of knowledge of internal control requirements is necessary.
• Good knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs (words, excel), Zero, Fleet Manager.
• Strong sense of commitment and responsibility, attention to detail, and accuracy.
• Problem-solving oriented, navigating ambiguity with strategies, and high adaptability.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, patience, and open-mindedness.
• Proficient in spoken Mandarin, Cantonese, and English, and good command of written Chinese (traditional and simplified Chinese reporting and presentation is essential).
• Competitive compensation and benefits, 13-months' salary
Basic monthly salary x 12 months + guarantee double pay + discretionary performance bonus
• Comprehensive Medical insurance coverage, including specialist and Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Bonesetter, and Acupuncture Consultation and Dental
• Five-day work, bank holiday (during COVID-19 flexible working hours of 9:30am to 5pm, shift working arrangement)
• Birthday surprise, holiday gifts
• Flexible working locations – home / office
• International exposure in your career and build a global interpersonal network!
Annual leave per full calendar year: Manager: 17 days / Senior officer: 15 days / Officer: 14 days
Salary: HKD40,000 - HKD53,000 per month + NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 11 August 2022One of the sizable MNC business is looking for a Finance Manager with focus on accounting operations projects in view of their digitalization journey.
Salary: HKD45,000 - HKD55,000 per month + double pay + bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 11 August 2022A&F or related talents who are good at using analytic tools. A leading Telecommunication corporation is hiring a Business planning & analytics talent to join their fast growing industry. Especially when 5G is a new norm now, this will allow talent to have great exposure and grow together with the industry!
Salary: HKD65,000 - HKD76,000 per month + good bonusLocation: Hong KongDate posted: 10 August 2022A leading gaming & hospitalitiy related corporation is finding a FP&A talent with IT/Project related exposure to join their fast growing team!
Salary: HKD1,000,000 - HKD1,300,000 per annum + NegotiableLocation: KowloonDate posted: 08 August 2022One of the MNC fast growing consumer brands is looking for a Regional FP&A Director to report into senior management directly.
Salary: HKD65,000 - HKD75,000 per month + NegotiableLocation: Hong Kong IslandDate posted: 05 August 2022One of the sizable HK listed conglomerates with stable business is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their high performing team.