Accountant - Chemicals Industry (Contract)
Salary HKD26000 - HKD33000 per month + No Benefits
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Cynthia Cheung
Date posted 18 October 2016
A global chemicals provider is looking for an Accountant to join their Finance team on a long term basis. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, your main responsibility will be to support month end closing and reporting. This is a one year contract.
About the Role:
- Support month close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting for the local statutory and US GAAP
- Support external and internal audits for Hong Kong, India, etc.
- Prepare filing and ensure full compliance of all direct and indirect taxes of the legal entities e.g. income tax, withholding tax, VAT, estimated tax return, etc.
- Compute corporate income tax and deferred tax provision
- Prepare reconciliation schedules of balance sheets items, analyse and prepare for commentary / analysis for the assigned GL accounts
- Maintain Fixed Assets registers for local statutory & tax reporting
- Ensure proper record retention for statutory and tax compliance
About the Person:
- Possess at least three years of experience in accounting with professional accounting qualifications
- Working knowledge of the US GAAP will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Auditors without commercial experience will also be considered
- Must be willing to commit to a twelve month contract
About the Company:
This is a great opportunity to work with a leading chemicals company known globally for its commitment to deliver sustainable solutions.