Salary HKD450000 - HKD520000 per annum
Location Central and Western District
Consultant Max Kellman
Date posted 12 October 2016
A global law firm is looking to add an additional person to their Asia finance team. This firm has been steadily growing in the region and has great office culture.
- Play a liaison role between the partners, secretaries and the accounts team as required.
- Ensure compliance with Solicitor’s Accounts Rules (SARs) (if any) and any local rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing, preparing of bills, post cash receipts and answer partners and other enquires.
- Review and arrange for expense payments in accordance with instructions, Firm procedures and high quality standards.
- Manage the cash requirements of the Hong Kong office including the preparation of a monthly cash statement and request funds from Head office as required.
- Ensure quality monthly closing processes are maintained, including expense estimates and reconciliation of all accounts.
- Liaise with banks and accounting firms as necessary and in accordance with Firm’s goals.
- Allocation of payments and receipts to office and client accounts in accordance with SARs (if any) and any local rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the external accounting firm for any tax filings requirements for the office(s).
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met with accuracy.
- Accelerate monthly and year end cycles for more reliable information.
- Assist with annual SAR statutory audit process; liaise with the Firm’s SAR auditors, if any.
- Review financials and assisting with the preparation of annual budget for Hong Kong office.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar finance position in a law firm or similar professional services organisation.
- Demonstrating skills and experience in finance and accounting background.
- Organising projects and systems related to Finance departments.
- The ability to problem solve, be innovative, organised and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise work and resolve.
- Strong written and spoken English and Mandarin, and demonstrating good communications skills to interact professionally with people at all levels within the firm, with clients and outside vendors.
- High level working knowledge of CMS Aderant and Chrome River would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Demonstrating ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines. Willingness to work additional hours as and when required to meet deadlines, especially during the year end push
- Diplomacy and flexibility
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Professionalism and courtesy on a consistent basis
- The Accountant works closely with the Firm’s Finance Department and the Asia Accounting team to provide daily accounting support to the Hong Kong office. This includes responsibility for ensuring that on a day to day basis all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner to the highest standard and in accordance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- The Accountant handles the Accounts/Finance Department functions, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivables, monthly billings preparation, cash requirements of the office, liaising with external auditors for tax filings.