Financial Analyst (MNC, Retail, Strong Excel)
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Coby Leung
Date posted 08 August 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Job Overview: This Financial Analyst will responsible for financial planning and analysis using Excel. You will report to the Finance Manger. This is a 3-6 months contract.
- The position is responsible for supporting the FP&A Manager in all FP&A matters and implement initiatives to enhance financial planning and analysis in the region, including those for business performance reviews, retail reporting, budgets and forecasts, inventory management, working capital management and documentation and sharing of best practices.
- Coordinate and ensure a timely and accurate reporting and forecasting process in Asia Pacific
- Document process and continuously enhance the forecasting methods to improve forecast accuracy, system functionalities and Excel spreadsheet usage, and sharing of best practices
- Assist in the consolidation and analysis of the strategic plans, annual budgets, monthly forecasts, system data uploading and comparatives with actual and forecast
- Analyse and comment on the monthly financial projection and performance analysis, particularly in area of retail reporting; working capital management (inventory weeks of supply and inventory provisions/ reserves)
- Support regular and ad hoc business analytical requirements such as new store approvals, wholesale and retail business retail model analysis, new acquisitions and business model appraisals
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, capable to meet tight deadlines
- Strong business sense and ability to dig deep to understand the business performance drivers
- Good English and Mandarin communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills, prior experience in HFM or data warehouse reporting a plus