HEAD, FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - VIRTUAL BANKING
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 financial-services 41 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
A renowned financial institution is looking for passionate talents to develop their Virtual Bank. The Head, Financial Controller is a pro-active member of the senior management team and contributes to the leadership and management team of the virtual bank. Reporting to the CFO of the virtual bank, you are key trusted advisory to the business and a guardian on finance matters.
The Role Responsibilities
- Being a licensed bank, you will ensure the virtual bank fulfils all the statutory requirements, which includes (but not limited to) capital and liquidity, balance sheet, cash flows, P&L, tax, and treasury. You will work with the CFO to champion the selection and implementation of the finance and treasury systems for the organisation, by collaborating with the CTO.
- Support the management of the balance sheet and liquidity and interest rate risk through the ALCO process.
- Develop and maintain effective financial information systems to satisfy the reporting needs of local regulators
- Apply accounting and financial control policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices in the virtual bank.
- Build the finance operating model, process and system and champion a data insight led advisory function.
Local Regulatory and Statutory Reporting
- Deliver accurate and timely financial and statistical information to local regulator
- Take lead for efficient and effective statutory audit process execution
- To liaise with local regulator(s) on issues arising from financial, statistical and other reports, including periodical audits by local regulators
- To monitor compliance with local capital adequacy and other local statutory requirements and draw management attention to any action needed to these requirements
- To ensure that statutory accounts are in accordance with local requirements and delivered in a timely manner
- Liaise with SCB HK Finance teams for consolidation & group reporting
- Ensure adequate organisation and processes for effective management of the virtual bank’s tax liabilities.
- Ensure high standards regarding tax compliance, including risk assessment for local corporate, income and other tax regimes (e.g. withholding tax)
- Manage operational risk of the Finance function through all applicable policies and by supporting CFO as Risk Owner for Accounting & Financial Reporting
- Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Prudential Standard – Capital & Liquidity
- Prudential standards are defined as local regulatory requirements pertaining to Capital and Liquidity.
- As a Risk Owner for the local capital and liquidity regulatory requirements, you are responsible to ensure that the virtual bank holds sufficient capital and liquidity and remain compliant with regulation.
- Ensure that required control standards are being met, by continuous monitoring of risk and control Indicators.
- Highlight and escalate (as required) where control standards are not being met, including highlighting control design deficiencies or gaps
- Managerial and solid years’ experience in a senior level corporate role within Financial Control experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how Fintech operates differently from conventional financial organisation
- Strong Change management skills
- Significant experience in a variety of commercial and controllership senior Finance roles in complex organisations.
- Knowledge of the types of talents required by a fintech, strong network with the recruitment agencies.
- Strong people leader with ability to lead and grow teams of international talent.
- Strong business partner who can influence and effectively challenge C-suite stakeholders.
- Energy and desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, problem resolution and communication skills are a prerequisite