Financial Controller - International Assignment
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 30 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Hutchison Ports, a subsidiary of the multinational conglomerate Cheung Kong Hutchison Holdings Limited, is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator. The Hutchison Ports network of port operations comprises 52 ports, spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. In 2017, Hutchison Ports handled a combined throughput of 84.7 million TEU.
With a heritage of 150 years, the business demonstrates consistent growth and is now ranked as one of the top three global container terminal operators by total volume. Hutchison Ports is tireless in its pursuit for technological innovation and endeavour to bring industry best practice to its global reach. Over the years, Hutchison Ports has evolved and expanded into other logistics businesses to ensure we are ready to meet the challenge and demand of a global market and economy.To continue this international success and leadership in the industry, Hutchison Ports would like to welcome experienced and dedicated finance professionals to join our team of world-class global management resources, to undertake senior financial management responsibilities in our ports companies.
For acquiring good understanding of the interactions between the Business Units (BU) and Divisional or Group Management within their functional scope, candidates will initially work with the Group Finance Functions at the Corporate Office in Hong Kong for 3-6 months. This understanding of the Group’s requirement and policy for managing a wide range of operational matters will then allow for an attachment to an experienced Port Finance Head, to undergo a comprehensive learning in the fields of Corporate Systems, Accounting Standards, Finance Operations, Reporting, Policies, Internal Controls, as well as Taxation and Compliance. Following this, candidates will be assigned to one of our global ports in EMEA, Asia or Latin America responsible for leading the Finance functions and integrating with other related functions, delivering sound financial management and operational performance together with the BU management.
The ideal candidate profile will be:
- With a self-starter mentality and initiative, with ability to contribute to the Group’s Finance Management strategy and delivery
- A Qualified Accountant with prior international financial control experience and a proven track record as a key contributor to senior management.
- Possesses outstanding communications skills in English and comfortable presenting complicated ideas to disparate groups
- Experienced at balancing internal and external stakeholders in a highly regulated environment
- Internationally mobile, be able and willing to move to different locations as required to meet with business needs
- Culturally sensitive and able to adapt to new environments and unfamiliar circumstances