ARS Asia Finance Analyst
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 09 October 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The Finance Analyst is responsible for the following activities to support the Office of the CFO in the delivery of the Asia strategy
Role Purpose / Summary
- The Finance Analyst is responsible for the following activities to support the Office of the CFO in the delivery of the Asia strategy:
- Producing monthly Asia P&L reports highlighting significant variances between actuals, forecast and plan along with providing explanations subsequent to discussions with local finance teams.
- Complete on a monthly basis an in-depth revenue analysis across the region in relation to; new, renewal, product and segmentation to draw out key trends which require intervention in local markets or highlight areas of improvement and strength.
- Completing management information packs for the Asia Commercial and Affinity businesses which detail key business trends and supports investment decisions.
- Supporting the Asia monthly forecast consolidation process; ensuring country and regional submissions are made accurately in a timely manner. This will involve using analytical procedures as well as being in close communication with country and regional business leaders.
- Supporting the annual budget process through ensuring an accurate and timely Asia budget consolidation, working with local finance teams through budgeting queries. This will involve using analytical procedures as well as being in close communication with the regional business leaders.
- Supporting the delivery of working capital improvements across the region through working closely with the Regional Controllership team to communicate aged debt risk to local finance teams, being part of the process to agree actions to ensure improvements and monitor ongoing status.
- Supporting the delivery of financial data and analytics for ad hoc projects.
- Is able to work effectively with regional finance colleagues and support Regional business colleagues through acting as a finance business partner to support and challenge business growth.
- Understand and comply with regulatory requirements
- Work effectively with internal and external auditors to meet their requirements
- Maintain personal and professional development
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Education: Further education
- Professional: Ideally or in the process of completing a CPA, ACA or ACCA qualification.
- Accountant experienced in financial planning and analysis activities
- Attention to detail and inquisitive mindset
- Prepared to seek resolution to queries and issues and is comfortable working across disciplines and to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and database experience