Salary HKD35,000 - HKD40,000 per month
Location Central and Western District
Consultant Callum Farquhar
Date posted 08 August 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
An international law firm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in Hong Kong.
• Monthly GL detail review for all Asian offices.
• Monthly reconciliation of the Beijing & Shanghai local accounting systems - UFIDA to AS400 reporting any variances to the Director of Finance, Asia and Accounting Manager, Asia.
• Preparation of monthly financial reporting and analysis on an as needed basis.
• Review monthly office expenditure reports and report to Director of Finance, Asia and Accounting Manager, Asia.
• Oversee GL and Budget department coding and recording prior to them being approved by the Director of Finance, Asia and Accounting Manager, Asia.
• Participation in annual budget and reforecast.
• Review all balance sheet reconciliations prior to them being approved.
• Monthly audit of the new vendors, invoices, journals and expenses ensuring strict compliance with firm policies.
• Prepare transfer pricing schedules for Beijing and Shanghai offices, reviewing VAT returns and other tax returns.
• Oversee accurate recording into AS400 and VAT journal.
• Monthly reconciliation of VAT account in AS400 and dealing with foreign currency differences.
• Process office and client account receipts for all international offices.
• Produce daily cash balance spreadsheet.
• Maintain client account balance worksheet.
• Handle client account transactions in compliance with Firm and SRA rules.
• Review procedures and driving forward new initiatives where appropriate.
• Ensure that the firm acts within local jurisdictional regulations.
• Management of internal controls.
• Deal with daily accounts queries from partners and staff.
• Hands-on experience in Practice Management System, e.g. 3E and Chrome River are preferable.