Finance Manager (Financial Reporting)
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Coby Leung
Date posted 16 April 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Job Overview: The Finance Manager will responsible for group reporting, cash management, budget and forecast. This is a 6 months contract (Temp to Perm).
- Familiar with accounting operations, process, tools & norms.
- Proficiency in Excel. Experience in HFM, and Hyperion Planning is preferable (or similar budgeting system).
- Good accounting knowledge of Hong Kong GAAP and IFRS and is able to apply technical requirements in operations.
- Collaborative mindset, can maintain positive & productive working relationships within Finance team and the organisation.
- Excellent communication and are good at building relationships at all levels.
- Highly adaptive individual who embraces dynamic changes. Innovative and passionate about process improvement.
- Bachelor degree (Accounting / Finance Management orientation preferred)
- ACCA/CPA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Minimum 7 year experience, preferably within an international organisation where frequent inter-office interactions is required.
- Fluent in English is a must with very good writing skills.
- Group Reporting – with the support of Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC), to ensure timely completion and submission of monthly/quarterly/yearly accounts as per Group's closing time line. To perform monthly actual v budget/forecast analysis and comment on the drivers for variances. Also to ensure that all required controls in operational process are adhered to in compliance with Group's policies and procedures.
- Cash Management – working closely with the billing team for revenue target and be able to explain big gaps in billing and collection. To closely monitor cash-flow positions and timely settlements of invoices. To arrange for inter-company funding transfers as necessary.
- Annual Statutory Accounts/Audits – to identify management accounts to statutory accounts adjustments and prepare the annual financial statements in compliance with Hong Kong GAAP. Organise audit plan with the auditor and facilitate with the statutory audit in April/May. Discuss and resolve audit queries and findings and target for an unqualified opinion.
- Budget & Forecast – to collaborate with all departments and assist in the preparation of annual budget and quarterly re-forecast. Continuous monitoring of variances between actual and budget and provide explanations.
- Innovation & Process Improvements – Review the processes and challenge the status quo. Have a strong change mindset for more effective and efficient processes.
- Others, notably:
- Supervisory of one senior accountant.
- To assist with ad hoc analysis on revenue or cost as required;
- To assist in payment process and client accounts process if necessary
- To participate in Finance Projects as assigned by Managers. monitor and review the financial performance of the office reporting any issues directly to the local management team
This is a multinational law firm with great reputation.