Assistant Finance Manager
Salary Attractive packages + Bonus
Location Hong KongFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Wong
Date posted 08 February 2019 2019-02-082019-04-09 financial-services Hong Kong HK HKD 20000 30000 30000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.hk
Responsible for producing and analysing the monthly closing and quarterly financial reports on IFRS and statutory basis to the relevant reporting bodies.
- Responsible for producing and analysing the monthly closing and quarterly financial reports on IFRS and statutory basis to the relevant reporting bodies.
- Prepare or review balance sheet reconciliation, assist the internal and external audit, and support regulatory queries including Insurance Authority and Inland Revenue Department.
- Report directly to Senior Finance Manager
- Produce financial statements measuring under statutory and IFRS basis on the relevant
- reporting period basis
- Analyse financial statements and identify the drivers of performance
- Review or prepare account reconciliation to ensure accuracy of financial statements and
- follow up actions to close issues identified
- Prepare and assist audit e.g. audited financial statements
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and relevant control procedures are followed
- Has experience in draft and interpretate accounting standards.
- Participate in user acceptance test on new products launch, system enhancement and other ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare various fillings to regulatory bodies as request
- Ad-hoc projects / request as needed
- Qualified accountant
- Solid at least 6-8 working experiences in relevant experience in life insurance industry.
- Fund trade accounting experience is preferable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access knowledge is preferable.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- High level of analytical skills
- Good communication skill is required to work with project managers, external customers such as auditors and Head Office.
- Exercise knowledge in the preparation of financial statements and be able to raise questions to identify areas for improvement
- Ability to complete accurate financial statements in accordance with requirements within deadline
- Ability to address / handle queries from other internal and external parties and provide solutions.
- Assertive in handling problems