Corporate Development / Strategy - Senior Manager
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 28 June 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
The Corporate Development team is responsible for developing and delivering strategies for growth for the business, through both organic and inorganic initiatives. The Corporate Development Senior Manager will play a significant role within this high calibre, influential part of the regional business. The key objective is to evaluate growth opportunities and strategise on new business plans. This could include M&A, entering new markets, or extending existing brands.
- Conduct research, analysis and financial modeling to evaluate new business opportunities and to formulate strategic business plans.
- Provide guidance and viewpoint on key strategic decision making via financial modeling, and comprehensive analysis
- Execute thorough research to support ongoing projects such as industry trends analysis, competitor benchmarking
- Help analyze and form a view on a variety of internal and external business opportunities including support in legal, financial and commercial due diligence
- Communicate high quality information to senior management as part of the due diligence and decision making process
This rare position is an outstanding opportunity for a brilliant commercial mind to make a significant difference to the strategic growth of a major international company. The company is seeking the best available talents and therefore would be willing to relocate any international candidate as necessary, but there is a preference for those with APAC markets experience.
- Academic pedigree with a world leading institution, ideally in the fields of finance or accounting
- Professional qualifications such as MBA, CPA or CFA advantageous
- Should be highly analytical, a pro-active self-starter able to work independently and take ownership of multiple, concurrent projects
- An excellent communicator (fluent English) with strong interpersonal skills, able to influence senior internal & external stakeholders
- Experienced with project planning, financial modeling, valuations, and building business plans
Candidates will likely be outperforming in one of these areas currently:
- Strategic management consulting with one of the industry leading consultancies
- Corporate finance/development or strategy department within a major international business
A highly acquisitive, cash rich global leader, delivering near 90% year on year EBITDA growth. A fast moving, industry leading business with a wide consumer reach, this organisation is operating at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry; an exciting time to be joining the organisation!