Deputy Director - ESG Consulting & Sustainability Reporting
Salary High bonus potential
Location Hong Kong
Consultant Andrew Blake
Date posted 20 July 201841 Connaught Road Central Hong Kong Robert Walters Hong Kong
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting is now a mandatory disclosure regulation for HKEX listed companies. Globally, there is heightened pressure on companies to disclose ESG information due to increasing concern about the effects of ESG factors on business risk, and financial performance. Furthermore, leading international credit rating agencies have also included ESG performance as part of their criteria in rating a company’s credit worthiness.
ESG reporting can be a beneficial tool for monitoring risks and corporate governance topics. It can enhance sustainability, increase transparency, and help improve stakeholders’ confidence in a company. Research suggests a positive correlation between ESG achievements and investment return. Despite this many companies have yet to demonstrate the awareness of significant ESG risks and effective management of their impacts. This Deputy Director position will be responsible for driving market awareness and growing client engagements for ESG advisory.
The Deputy Director will lead the Sustainability & ESG Advisory department, consisting of 30+ consultants. You will be expected to develop a comprehensive portfolio of clients and deliver ESG governance frameworks and advisory.
- Lead project teams to develop tailored scope of corporate consultancy services to big brands and large-scale enterprises from multi-sectors across the Greater China Region.
- Monitor project teams to conduct reporting and assurance, internal audit and corporate governance to ensure compliance of HKEx regulations.
- Pitch potential clients to meet business development objective. Seek, develop and present ideas to apply company's services.
- Stay tuned to policies and trends to expand product lines or establish new services with high potential.
- Represent company to attend and give presentation in influential events and well manage the relationship with government and industry organisations to enhance company’s position and influence.
- Degree holders with majors related to Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental, Corporate Governance, Internal Control, Risk Management or other related disciplines.
- Professional qualifications such as HKICPA and a background in auditing and financial reporting could be beneficial
- 6+ years solid experience spanning sustainability reporting and assurance, risk control and internal audit, environmental consultancy and CSR strategy planning.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills with presentable and sociable characters.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Putonghua, with Cantonese preferable.