Manager, AR & AP
Salary HKD600000 - HKD715000 per annum
Location Central and Western District
Consultant Max Kellman
Date posted 07 October 2016
A global professional services firm is expanding their team and presence here in the APAC region and is looking for a manager to help lead their shared service center to future success.
- Lead and manage a team to drive efficiency improvements for the Order to Cash process
- Communicate with key business stakeholders to set and agree on the required service levels
- Work with IT and business partners to influence system developments (SAP, ViewPoint and other systems where applicable) to drive operational efficiency.
- Manage and develop IC team to provide good customer service to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Achieve operational efficiency via process simplification and standardisation within and across functional teams, provide good customer service to our customer-facing teams and offer solutions to address customers issues.
- Provide support to facilitate the on-time completion of internal and external audits.
- Review processes and procedures for potential internal control weakness, propose and implement corrective measures.
- Work with Head of SSC in department-wide people development initiatives.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Invoicing & Cash Application
- Responsible as process owner to ensure all trade-related revenue items are booked accurately and on-time, including reconciliation of all associated intercompany transactions.
- Work with other functional SSC teams to ensure on-time month end closing. Provide commentary on revenue booking as needed.
- On-time application of customer payments and clearing of associated bank transactions in SAP & ViewPoint.
- Key contact person for all customer invoicing and ViewPoint cash application issues.
- Support and execute collection strategy determined by the businesses.
- Manage Collections team to deliver company goals.
- Own the definition and implementation of the end-to-end collection process within and outside of SSC. This includes ensuring that the cash application team will receive on-time collection information to clear aged invoices.
- Interact professionally with customers on all invoice collection issues, ranging from responding to incoming requests, general research on unpaid invoices and non-payment resolution.
- Work with customers as well as internal finance, sales & operations group to determine and carry out the best method to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Compile and present regular reports to management on the status of outstanding accounts and collections.
- Maintain effective working relationship with sales, including training new customer facing staff on company’s credit policies and collection procedures.
- Provision of monthly report of credit department’s collection activities and statistics. This includes, but not limited to, the input of collections notes showing the status and details of each collection activity in SAP and ViewPoint.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- People management experience is a must.
- Work experience in a Shared Services Centre is highly advantageous.
- Degree in accounting
- Qualified accountant not mandatory
- Good computer skills especially in Excel.
- Strong leadership, team player and can communicate at the senior executive level.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proven track record of successful work process improvements.
- Able to work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management skills with good analytical business acumen.
- Results-oriented and detail-minded person with ability to see the big picture.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to deal with ambiguities, able to work within ill-defined boundaries and able to challenge status quo.
A top professional services is looking to add a new manager as they continue to grow within the APAC region.